Welfare in the US
- Form six teams of three or four!
- Each of the questions below must be covered - most effectively by one team per question!
- The findings of each group should result in a mindmap or short text (including your selected, best links/sources with a short comment on this link!) Don't just copy endless and useless passages from the internet.
- Help each other, e.g. if you find an extremely helpful articcle on an other team's topic --> tell them!
- Don't use more than the three lessons on Monday and Thursday for your websearch! Start writing out your results/answers on or over the holidays and finish your work on Monday - that's after the holidays!
- Each team will present its results on the Wednesday following the holidays! (Marked assessment!)
Questions to answer
- Numbers of people on welfare/ in poverty(Development?) Groups that are more/less likely to be on welfare
- How do they live? Problems, dilemmas, stereotypes?
- What official help can/do they get?
- How effective/counterproductive are State Programmes (ADFC, TANF)
- What positive developments or chances are there?
- Child poverty in the US and its effects
Use google and the English version of Wikipedia ...
Mothers on welfare http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/1064/
How do they live? http://ourword.org/node/183